Kopi Princess <data:blog.pageTitle/> - Adding a little caffeine to your life

Throwback: My Top 11 Anime favorites!
Friday, August 2, 2013 posted at 8/02/2013 07:38:00 AM ♥ 0 comments

Well, well, well. Throwback Thursday it is (but it is actually Friday, so I'm gonna pretend its Thursday). I will give my share of going down the memory lane. But instead of giving awful pix of myself, I'm gonna look back on Top 11 anime shows that I miss so much.

So if you have nothing to do, join me on my journey to the past...

11. Sailormoon


I definitely remember this one! When I was a little girl, I dreamt of becoming a Sailor warrior! I memorized the line ("Parurusahan kita, sa ngalan ng buwan!"), bought the paper dolls and watched the Tagalized version every Saturday. I love Sailor Venus the most. She's funny but humble. I love Usagi too, but she's a little clumsy.

10. Yuyu Hakushu (Ghost Fighter)


Okay, I've watched this anime millions of times, and I must admit that I never get tired of it! Eugene (Yusuke in Japanese) and his crew definitely embodied hip and coolness! And yes, I like how they fight demons but still looked good. 


9. Fushigi Yuugi (Curious Play)


I was able to watch this one when I was in high school, and definitely the height of my anime craze. The story is quite long and definitely moving on a slow phase but it is exciting to watch. And I'm into ancient Asian myths so this one definitely caught my attention.

8. Flame of Recca


Yuyu Hakusho + Curious Play. This anime is a mix of action and folklore. And of course, the ninja tale pique my interest. And I must say that the girl is quite lucky to have Recca. 


7. Dragon Ball Z


One of the longest anime that I watched. I can't even remember how many did Son Goku and the family fought. But I remember the Dragon Road, Kayo-sama and Bulma! And of course, the Dragon Balls that they always painstakingly searching just to have that one wish!

6. BTX


One of the most successful animes ABS-CBN was able to acquire. Set in the time where machines rule, Kotaro accidentally awakens a mechanoid B'T who was considered as one the most powerful machines on the land, and they were set out to destroy an ultimate B'T

5. Neon Genesis Evangelion


One of the most disturbing animes that I watched. The story was set after the "Second Impact", an incident that killed half of the earth's population and drastically changed the axis of the earth. The research organization GEHIRN and its benefactor SEELE created the humanoid robot called Evangelions to fight off monster which they ironically called "Angels."

4. Romeo X Juliet


This is one of the most recent animes I was able to watch. I have to commend the makers for putting an awesome twist to an old love story. The setting was in Neo Verona (adapted from Verona, Italy, setting of the original Romeo & Juliet), where the Royal house of Capulet and and the blue bloods of the House of Montague battle over the supremacy in the land. Montague killed the entire Capulet family, except for one - Juliet. 16 years later, the Juliet and Montague's son Romeo meet and fall in love. Little did they know that their forbidden love will be the one to save the city of Neo Verona.

3. Naruto

This one is still on going, but I would like to watched it from the beginning. Somewhere between season 4 and season 5, I got lost. I think so much had happen and I was not able to watch some of it. I think die hard animes fans know the story (or stories?).

2. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood



I definitely cried a river watching this one. Edward and Alphone's story was so heartbreaking, I cannot stop the tears from falling. I wept most of the time while watching them trying to regain their bodies back due to Human Transmutation. And their love for each other is remarkable. They are prepared to give up their lives for each other. And of course, I like the idea of alchemy. Lastly, one of my favorite anime quote came from FMA ("Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.")

1. New Mobile Suit Gundam Wing



This is definitely the last, but not the least! Up to now, I'm watching clips and snippets of Gundam Wing in YouTube. The story of Heero Yuy, Duo Maxwell, Quatre Raberba Winner, Trowa Barton, and Chang Wu Fei is burned to my memory. This is one of mecha-themed anime that captures my attention. The story begins in 195 AC (After Colonization), five scientists from five space colonies sent out five boys with their Gundam Mobile Suits to Earth to fight for peace among the colonies. The main protagonist Heero Yuy met Relena Darlian who was unknowingly the heir to the defunct Sanc Kingdom, a kingdom who was an advocate of peace.

There you have it! Well, I hope you enjoyed the ride! It sure brings back the good old days! :)

Happy Weekend! 

Labels: ,