Kopi Princess <data:blog.pageTitle/> - Adding a little caffeine to your life

Practice!
Saturday, June 15, 2013 posted at 6/15/2013 01:39:00 AM ♥ 1 comments

Ohayou Minna!

Good morning guys! I hope that you are doing fine!

I'm blogging today because I have a request. Well, my class will be having a quiz and I need to study for the upcoming test. I hope you don't mind if I'm gonna use this blog to practice my Nihongo.

Here's is how I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna write a statement in English and then I will provide the Japanese translation below. I promise not to cheat!

Greetings
(Aishatsu)

Good Morning!
(Ohayou/ Ohayou Gozaimasu!)

Good Afternoon! / Hello
(Konnichiwa)

Good Evening!
(Konbanwa!)

Good night!
(Oyasuminasai)

Excuse me / I'm sorry
(Sumimasen)

No; not at all
(Iie)

I'm going
(Ittekimasu)

Please go and come back
(Itterashai)

I'm home
(Tadaima)

Welcome back
(Okaeri!)

Thank you for the food (before the meal)
(Ittadakimasu)

Thank you for the food (after the meal)
(Gochisoosama)

Thank you
(Arigatou)

Goodbye
(Sayounara)

Self-introduction (in Nihongo)

Hajimimashite. Watashi wa Ramos Alora desu. Firipin daigaku no gakusei. Ichinensee desu. Nihongo no senko desu. Yoroshiko onegaizumasu!

Vocabulary (Tango)

hai/ee - yes
ano -
ima - now
English - eego
student- gakusei
language - ...go
high school - kookoo
PM - gogo
AM - gozen
...years old - sai
Mr./Mrs - ~ san
nationality- ~jin
major - senko
teacher - sensei
that's right - soo desu
university - daigaku
telephone - denwa
friend - tomodachi
name - namae
what -nan/nani
Japan - Nihon
year level - ...nensee
half - han
number - bangoo
international student - ryuugakusei
I - watashi

COUNTRIES

USA - Amerika
Britain - Igirisu
Australia - Oosutoraria
Korea - Kankoku
Sweden - Suweeden
China - Choogoku

Majors (Senko)

science - kagaku
Asian studies - ajia kenkyuu
economics - keezai
international relations - kokusaikankee
computer - kunpyutaa
anthropology - jinruigaku
politics - seeji
business - bijinesu
literature - bungaku
history - rekishi

Occupation (shigoto)

doctor - isha
office worker - kainshain
H.S student - kookoosee
housewife - shufu
graduate student - daigakuinsee
college - daigakusee
lawyer - bengoshi

Family (_______)

mother - okaasan
father - otoosan
older sister - oneesan
elder brother - oniisan
younger sister - imooto
younger brother - otooto


Labels: