Kopi Princess <data:blog.pageTitle/> - Adding a little caffeine to your life

The Vision Board
Friday, July 12, 2013 posted at 7/12/2013 09:56:00 PM ♥ 2 comments


“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
 –Walt Disney


At my age and with everything I went through, I sometimes regret all the things I missed and failed to do. Five years of working, I think my life went off the course. I was so concentrated with working that I forgot the future.

But it is all in the past now and I want to move forward. Before I went to work today, I was able to watch "Meet the Robinsons." It is a movie about the boy genius Lewis who's always facing rejection by scaring potential foster parent because of his inventions. At a science fair, he met a boy named Wilbur who introduced himself as a cop from the future and was looking a bad guy in bowler hat. As the story progressed, we learned that Wilbur is his son and the family he meet in the future was his family.

It was a fun movie, but what keeps me glued was the fact the Lewis keeps moving forward despite the countless rejections. I think that is the central idea of the movie. It is interesting to note to that the movie was produced by Walt Disney Movies. Its co-founder Walter Elias "Walt" Disney also experienced rejection when the Army didn't take him for being underage.But that rejection paved way for other opportunities. And as you know it, Walt Disney is one of the largest movie outfits in the world.\

The point is, you cannot linger on the past. At one point in your life, you have to move forward to face the possible future. I know for a fact how difficult it is not to look back without feeling the pain and regret. But it will keep you from moving on.

With that, I publicly announced that I'm leaving the painful past behind! And I will do that by looking forward into the future! And my vision board symbolizes that freedom.

Anyway, I read from somewhere that creating a vision board has numerous advantages. According to After5Edge.com, having a vision board can motivate you to reach your goal and gives your subconscious mind a voice. And it also helps to clarify your goals so you can plan a foreseeable future. But for me, aside from serving as a guide, it is a declaration!

And I hereby declare my goals!



Now that I have my goals set. All I have to do is work on that goal. I make it sound easy but I know for a fact that it will be hard. But I will hold on to that goal!

Aja!


***

On the other hand, I just want to greet my friend Topher and his fiancee a big CONGRATULATIONS! They will be getting married this July and they commissioned me to make their invitation. And here it is!







  

Labels: