Kopi Princess <data:blog.pageTitle/> - Adding a little caffeine to your life

Gundam Wing Frozen Teardrop: Cryogenics, 2nd Generations, and New Suits.
Friday, July 19, 2013 posted at 7/19/2013 08:40:00 PM ♥ 0 comments

I'm feeling a little bit down today for so many reasons. For one, the rain wouldn't stop pouring which is making me feel lazy and cold. And there is this issue that keeps boggling my mind. So there.

But I'm trying to make myself happy by recalling all my childhood memories - and that includes my love for anime! Two weeks ago, through constant Net snooping, I found out that the makers of Gundam Wing released a novel called, New Mobile Suit Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrops. I cannot believe I missed this! But it is understandable. I was a slave back then and didn't have time to research and follow the series.

Gundam Wing was my favorite anime. It was shown here in the Philippines in 1999 by GMA7. The first time I was instantly hooked by the story, characters and setting. It was one of the mecha-themed anime that capture the hearts of Pinoy geeks. Heero Yuy, Duo Maxwell, Trowa Barton, Quatre Winner, Change Wu Fei, and Relena Peacecraft became household names. But the attention was more on the suits. Gundam Wing/Wing Zero, Deathscythe, Heavyarms, Sandrocks, and Shenlong were the stars of this anime.

I became an avid follower of this Gundam franchise and look for other readings related to it. Luckily, I was able to watch Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz. The series ended there as the makers felt that the story has already reached its high point.

Anyway, I was happy to know that they are back through the Frozen Teardrop series. But there is a bit of a  twist on the story. The story started 20-30 years after the Endless Waltz. The setting: Mars terrafirma. It is a new era for Earth and the space colonies. People were able to built a new civilization on planet Mars known as the Mars Federation. The plot begins when Kathy Po, daughter of Preventer Sally Po travels to Mars Federation with an order from ESUN President Dorothy Catalonia to wake up "Aurora/Sleeping Beauty" and begin with the "Operation Mythos." She meet Father Maxwell, who is actually the legendary Gundam pilot Duo Maxwell, and his son Duo Maxwell II. She also meet Master Chang, who is actually Chang Wu Fei, now a leader of Mars Federation. Kathy handed Master Chang three data chips which will be used to awaken "Aurora" from cryogenic sleep. It turns out that "Aurora" is the legendary Gundam pilot Heero Yuy which was put to cold sleep for unknown reasons. The same happen to Relena Peacecraft who was put to cryogenic sleep with the code name "Little Prince."

Before I forget, the other Gundam pilots are also included in the story. Quatre is now "Instructor W" and Trowa is "Doktor T". Both are responsible for developing the new Gundam Mobile Suits which is known as Gundam Snow White (Wing upgrade), Warlock (Deathsycthe), Prometheus (Heavyarms), and Scheherazade (Sandrocks). Wu Fei develop his on suit which was named Wyvern,

There are also new characters introduced. Aside from the young Duo, Quatre's younger sister Katherin Oud Winner and a new "Nanashi" aka Trowa Phobos (who is a lot like Trowa) are present. Basically, they are all the second generation of our beloved characters.

I read some reviews that they didn't like how the story is going, but I haven't read the translations so it is too early to tell if I'm gonna like or not. Moreover, the story is not done yet so let us see how it goes. But I'm excited to see the new suits. The makers know how to excite the fans since they haven't shown all the suits yet. I only saw a glimpse of Snow White and Warlock and they published a print of Prometheus. Scheherazade is yet to be seen.

But I will share some of the photos I gather from the Net. Thanks Google!


"Little Prince"




"Aurora"
Warlock and Snow White

Prometheus

Photos from Google and  gundamwingrp.blogspot.com
So there! I promise to post more pix and update you if the new chapter is released.

Labels: