Kopi Princess <data:blog.pageTitle/> - Adding a little caffeine to your life

Watashi wa Alora des. :)
Sunday, May 19, 2013 posted at 5/19/2013 07:26:00 AM ♥ 0 comments

Ohayuo Gozaimasu!

Oh, sorry. I forgot to tell you guys that I'm taking a Nihongo class. It isn't out of necessity, though I know that I could use this in the future. I just want to learn something new and its been years since I stepped into a class. Back in college, we have a Language elective class. I took Spanish language, but after that I did not pursue an advance class. My college did not offer it again and I regret that I did not take it seriously (Lo siento, Señora Lim!).

Now, at 27 years old, I decided to learn another language. I thought, hey, I'm doing nothing during weekends. After work, I would go home and sleep. Why not learn something new, right? And I did not choose Japanese for the sake of learning Nihongo. The University of the Philipines, Diliman offered a couple of Asian language class, but my colleagues and friends want to take Nihongo, so there. :)

So here's the catch: after a tiring night shift's work at Makati, me and my 'classmates' will go to UP Diliman to go to class. Hahaha. Talk about being attentive to class! But I'm very excited to be in a class again. Nothing can beat the feeling of being a student and writing lessons on my notebook. My colleagues/classmates said that we can converse in Japanese during work hours to sharpen our speaking skills. I hope that our workmates could bear with us.

I can think of a few advantages of learning Nihongo. Here are a few:

1. I can watch animes without the subtitles
2. I can read Japanese literature and maybe translate some.
3. Talk to a Japanese
4. Don't get lost when I'm given the chance to go to Japan.

Exciting, right?

Well, it is only a beginner's class so don't expect me to be speaking and writing Nihongo like a native Japanese. But I would like to use this blog to express my learnings.

Colleagues and classmates; Jom sleeping during break and the wallet given to me by Honey-san from Cambodia.
Anyway, I hope everybody would have a nice weekend. Now if excused me, I still have some studying to do.

Sayoonara!

xo Ayoy

Labels: